Spring is enjoyable for many reasons: flowers are blooming, you can crack windows for crisp air and your energy bill is generally at its most economical. That’s because you’re not utilizing your heat or cooling.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are some ideas for saving energy in Saint Charles and keeping payments low.
1. Call for Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it run more efficiently and lower costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep utility charges less expensive.
If your cooling equipment has experienced better days, spring is an excellent time to replace it. The energy-saving options in modern AC systems is a definite plus in keeping your power expenses down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on home comfort expenses. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Figuring out how to efficiently work your thermostat is the smartest way to cut down on energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think about it this way, the less significant the difference between outside temperatures and inside temperatures, the smaller your air conditioning cost will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or turn it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty residence.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can do a few other methods to help keep your home at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your house comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny rooms.
4. Think About Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the full day!
Smart thermostats learn your routine and adjust the temp when you’re not around to help you save on your bills. You can also set the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These pro ideas will all help keep summer energy costs down. If you figure out it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, call our team at 630-246-2698 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the correct product for your home. And like always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.