Booking yearly AC maintenance is helpful.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioner system in Saint Charles running at its top performance while keeping energy needs small. It also can even help extend its life expectancy.
While there are a couple things you can do on your own, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Golden Seal Service Experts, for AC inspections and upkeep.
Here are several steps you can take on your own as you get ready for summer.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Scheduled
Spring is a time of revival, and to many that entails a hefty amount of home, garage and yard cleaning. With the hotter temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a good idea to put AC maintenance on that checklist.
Spring is a great time of year to get your AC equipment freshened and inspected. Hesitating to flip it on until the first hot day of the summer can be risky. If you have to schedule a fix or replacement, you may be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that might turn awfully unpleasant.
And for those with allergies, being well prepared with a clean air conditioning system will help assure the finest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Additionally, cooling service may be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Finish Service Alone?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your air conditioner equipment in the prime state:
- Change your air filter. Clogged filters block airflow and could decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the type of filter you use, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you deal with allergies or have pets in your home.
- Lawn work around the outdoor condenser. Make sure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of open area. You should also clear any leaves or branches that have fallen into your system, as this might impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you call Golden Seal Service Experts at 630-246-2698, the first thing we may do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already done. Then our Experts get down to the finer details. We’ll examine your system and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to provide safe operation.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially avoid issues.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to clear leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Straightening coil fins to stop reduced airflow.
- Cleansing the outside coil to remove any accumulation from dust and grass.
- Checking controls to ensure your system is switching on, operating and shutting down properly.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to establish your system has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we uncover problems that involve extra work, we are ready to offer you the most cost-effective choice. Finding possible issues promptly can solve bigger issues later on. This also gives you time to strategize if your AC is getting outdated.
When you need a new cooling system, our Experts will assist you to locate the ideal solution for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment work for your budget. No matter what your comfort needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Prepared to book your service? Call us at 630-246-2698 or schedule an appointment online today.