Planning regular AC maintenance is helpful.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioner system in Saint Charles operating at its best performance while keeping energy consumption small. It also can even help extend its life cycle.
While there are several things you can do on your own, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Golden Seal Service Experts, for AC inspections and upkeep.
Here are several steps you can take on your own as you get ready for warm weather.
Get Your AC Maintenance Scheduled
Spring is a time of revival, and to many that involves a hefty portion of home, garage and yard cleaning. With the hotter temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a good idea to put AC upkeep on that checklist.
Spring is a great season to get your AC unit freshened and examined. Hesitating to flip it on until the first hot day of the season can be risky. If you have to have a fix or replacement, you may be waiting days for an appointment. And that might become extremely unpleasant.
And for those with allergies, being one step ahead with a clean cooling system will help provide the finest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Additionally, cooling service may be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Finish Service on My Own?
There are steps that you can complete to help keep your AC equipment in the ultimate state:
- Put in a new air filter. Clogged filters block airflow and could decrease your unit’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the type of filter you use, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you suffer from allergies or have pets in your home.
- Lawn work around the outdoor condenser. Make sure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of open room. You should also get rid of any leaves or sticks that have fallen into your equipment, since this might limit airflow.
Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you call Golden Seal Service Experts at 630-246-2698, the first thing we may do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already done. Then our Experts get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to provide safe operation.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially avoid breakdowns.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to clear leak-creating mold and obstructions.
- Straightening coil fins to stop limited airflow.
- Freshening the outside coil to remove any blockage from dust and grass.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your system is turning on, cooling and shutting down properly.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to establish your system has the right refrigeration charge.
If we uncover problems that need extra service, we are ready to provide you the most cost-effective solution. Finding possible issues promptly can solve bigger issues later on. This also gives you time to save if your system is getting outdated.
When you need a new AC system, our Experts will assist you to locate the best equipment for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new unit fit your budget. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Prepared to request your service? Contact us at 630-246-2698 or schedule an appointment online today.