There are a lot of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Saint Charles. But, there’s also that long list of must-do’s before the cold weather sets in. Although the outdoor yard work and home projects are probably at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor thing you should consider taking care of early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment scheduled.
The pros at Golden Seal Service Experts recommend that furnace service and maintenance be performed at least annually in order to prevent a breakdown in the dead of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a great deal of benefits to getting it completed before the cold and crisp weather comes to Saint Charles, too. Take a peek at some of the top bonuses of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help ensure that your furnace operates at its highest efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating expenses.
- Ensures your furnace is in peak shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to get you through whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Saint Charles this season.
- Decreases the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to happen on a chilly winter day is have your furnace quit running, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to identify potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to produce heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are crucial to keeping your home safe through the cooler months.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to fulfill your warranty, so getting regular maintenance completed can save you money if larger problems occur later.
Taking proper care of your furnace has plenty of additional bonuses, and getting furnace service performed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the cold season and save you time later because you’re less likely to need more service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Golden Seal Service Experts are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Saint Charles, give us a call at 630-246-2698 or schedule an appointment with Golden Seal Service Experts through our online scheduler.