It’s frosty out there. Most of the country is layering up for some freezing weather. And while the Experts are always ready to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing pearls of wisdom to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water fixtures.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drip in indoor sinks by outer walls can prevent pipes from freezing.
- Open up kitchen and bathroom cabinets under sinks to keep warm air flowing around pipes.
- Set an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those space heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not heating, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give those smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick check.
Follow these quick tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot cider. And, as always, Golden Seal Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.