There are a lot of vapors that could be inside your Saint Charles residence. Natural gas and vapors that come from residential fixtures, carpet and paints. Not one of these fumes are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.
Reach Golden Seal Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 630-246-2698 now to begin shielding your loved ones against this toxic gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Deadly?
Carbon monoxide might be a major concern, so it’s not a situation to joke about.
1. You Can’t See It
Carbon monoxide is hazardous because you can’t see it, detect it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It’s nonirritating in small concentrations and can’t be filtrated.
2. It Can Be Fatal Within Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of used fuel. It can creep into your home during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. Depending on how considerable the leak is and the ventilation in a home, it could become fatal in within minutes.
Once inhaled, carbon monoxide has a half-life of about five hours. If you are inhaling clean air, it will take five hours to get it out of your bloodstream. It requires an extra five hours to decrease that amount by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Act Like Other Illnesses
It could also mirror conditions that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.
How to Defend Your Residence from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no point to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are some steps you can complete to keep your house safe:
- Your house with at least one gas furnace, connected garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide detector. You need to have a detector on all levels of your home, in addition to the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of every bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide detector in your home?
Call Golden Seal Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 630-246-2698 to get one. Ask our Experts about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide alarms.
- If you already use a carbon monoxide system, frequently check or replace the batteries. You should test batteries every season, and get a new alarm every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide sensor goes off, get out of your home right away and phone 911.
Protect Your Family with Support from Golden Seal Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the proper steps your family can be guarded from the toxic gas. Take the precautions and call Golden Seal Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 630-246-2698 to learn more.