Imagine it’s a blindingly hot summer day, and your air conditioning quits out of the blue. You call around for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps rising while you wait for a technician to arrive. Such a disaster!
Regular air conditioner maintenance is the key to preventing this problem. But how do you know when it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth setting up an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem like it has a problem? Find out why taking a proactive strategy is the secret to keeping you and your AC unit cool and comfortable.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner operating efficiently, HVAC professionals encourage servicing it at least once a year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit stays in optimal condition, protecting against potential concerns and extending its life span.
As for what time to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the preferred time of year. This makes it possible for you to identify and repair growing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your AC unit runs smoothly throughout the whole summer.
However, if spring is already in the rearview mirror, and you didn't have time to schedule AC service, don’t wait another year. When it comes to making the most out of cooling abilities in your AC unit with preventive maintenance, it’s better late than never.
What Does AC Service Include?
An air conditioner tune-up is a thorough process involving various steps. This is why DIY servicing is not advisable. Here are some key parts of the work conducted during a routine service visit:
- Thorough inspection: The technician visually examines your air conditioner for potential concerns53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other hardware to make sure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to decrease friction and protect against wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to support safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Switching out the filter improves air quality and helps the unit run more effectively. HVAC professionals suggest doing this in your own system every couple of months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your technician will run a test cycle to make sure the system starts, operates and shuts down appropriately.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many individuals ask themselves if routine maintenance is worth the investment. The fact is, scheduled air conditioner tune-ups promote better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit requires less energy to keep your home cool, which translates into lower utility expenses and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s easy to spot potential issues early when a technician carefully inspects your HVAC system every spring. A relatively small repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid pricey and inconvenient breakdowns later in the season.
- Higher air quality: A clean air conditioning system leads to better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car drive longer, routine AC service extends the life of your AC, saving you on untimely replacement bills.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Preventive maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility costs, emergency repairs or the cost of buying a new system.
To maximize your savings, give some thought to enrolling in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll lower the risk of breakdowns and enhance energy efficiency for year-round savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and price range. You’ll get several benefits no matter which one you pick, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans cover yearly AC tune-ups, ensuring your system continues to operate in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when setting up appointments, even during the highest call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with other discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your satisfaction, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Clearly, routine AC maintenance is very important for enhancing performance and providing home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, ideally in the spring, to protect against breakdowns and appreciate numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts stands out as a top choice, with qualified specialists, complete maintenance plans and a dedication to customer satisfaction. Trust your air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your property cool and comfortable all year long. To learn more or schedule your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.