Building a new home? Upgrading your present system? No matter why you’re in the market for an air conditioner, you could shortly realize you have more alternatives than you initially thought. Follow this guide to help you weigh four different kinds so you can choose the ideal air conditioner in Saint Charles.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what the majority of people think of when they picture air conditioning for the full residence. Central air conditioning circulates air to every room using a system of ducts and registers.
This might be right for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- You currently have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re seeking quiet, convenient operation.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In warm weather, heat pumps operate similar to central air conditioners. Some models can also offer heat in the winter.
This may be ideal for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- Your reside in a location with mild weather during the winter.
- You’re looking for one piece of equipment for full-year heating and cooling, in lieu of a traditional furnace and air conditioner.
- Your residence doesn’t utilize (or you don’t need) natural or propane gas.
- You’re looking for quiet, energy-efficient heating and cooling.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground below your feet remains at a stable 55 degrees all year round. A geothermal heat pump makes use of this ongoing supply of energy with underground loops for fantastic heating and cooling efficiency.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your house uses ductwork.
- You desire one piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have adequate land around your home for the buried loops.
This is a second kind of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit hooks up with an indoor blower unit mounted to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows shut.
This could be good for you if:
- Your home, or a recent add-on to it, doesn’t include ductwork.
- You want an energy-efficient method for heating and cooling individual rooms.
- You’re looking to install zoning in your house.
Not sure which type of air conditioner you should get? Trust the Experts at Golden Seal Service Experts for everything air conditioning! We can go over your options and help you choose the best one for your home. Please contact us at 630-246-2698 to get an air conditioning replacement estimate right away.