Summer is usually a busy time of year for many people in Saint Charles. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long vacation or any number of other fun activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Saint Charles heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t go to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Saint Charles heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give Golden Seal Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 630-246-2698 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can ensure that your air conditioner is operating at its highest level in the Saint Charles heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a quick break and escape to an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't think thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a few moments to rest as it can also be an early indicator of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when scheduling outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the Saint Charles temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in hot temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than typical. It can help you cool down a tad faster so you can get back to reveling in your home’s air conditioning.