Air conditioners don’t last forever, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some things to think over, as well as the perks of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely wait.
- What type of air conditioner are you getting? Many homeowners are getting rid of their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This saves energy and enhances comfort by running at multiple speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to realize the complete comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the appropriate amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. An updated air conditioner could require a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Golden Seal Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and make the proper suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your bank account if you install both units together.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any large immediate drawbacks. A mismatched setup is typically temporary until the other system fails. You can skip the band-aid repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything runs at the greatest efficiency, making your family comfier and lowering your long-term heating and cooling bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you install a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. Meanwhile, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced at the same time. And you could even be authorized for an exclusive deal because you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Golden Seal Service Experts. We get the expense of replacing your total system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are included!*
Rest assured that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to guarantee a job done right the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 630-246-2698 to book an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.