Air conditioners don’t last indefinitely, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Saint Charles, you might be considering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some things to think about, as well as the perks of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely wait.
- What model of air conditioner are you getting? Many homeowners are getting rid of their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This saves energy and increases comfort by running at multiple speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to realize the total comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the appropriate amount of air to keep your house comfy. An updated air conditioner could require a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Golden Seal Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and make the proper advice.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your bank account if you get new systems simultaneously.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are correctly sized, there aren’t usually any big imminent drawbacks. A mismatched setup is typically temporary until the other system fails. You can skip the band-aid repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything runs at the greatest efficiency, making your residence cozier and lowering your long-term utility bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you install a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may break down for good. In the interim, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced at once. And you could even be authorized for an exclusive deal because you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Golden Seal Service Experts. We get the expense of replacing your total system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and merely one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs later on are included!*
Rest assured that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 630-246-2698 to book an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.