When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water seems clear, it may still be hiding toxic chemicals that are hazardous to your family’s health and safety. Plenty of people dislike the taste of contaminated tap water and recognize the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have safe drinking water on hand.
If you want to safeguard your family’s well-being, you might first consider trying the bottled water plan. But of course, this gets expensive almost immediately. In addition, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and cleaner for the environment than buying bottled water. It can also provide healthier water more easily because you can get it right from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, allowing you to make the most of the benefits anywhere you use water at home.
Before setting up a whole-house water filtration system, learn what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out hazardous contaminants. Then, choose Golden Seal Service Experts to help you find and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality fluctuates by location, but several of the most prevalent contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your water supply by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that lawful water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your tap water, providing you and your family with safe, clean water to enjoy. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of sediment in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and can accumulate in the water main after heavy rains. While largely harmless, sediment makes your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in dense cities. Unfortunately, this disinfectant can generate hazardous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. Certain DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are shown to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the goal of installing any water filtration equipment. Besides being healthier for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more muddy water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Harmful chemicals don’t just threaten you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that healthy water doesn’t have to come with steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s configuration, you could need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Golden Seal Service Experts, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to decrease water hardness, filter out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the right product for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, straightforward and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Golden Seal Service Experts office for help choosing a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.