Your HVAC equipment is vital to a comfortable home and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. A lot of homeowners take these functions for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioner has ever broken down on a scorching summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wishes to deal with last minute repairs, a spike in energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if you could guarantee an uninterrupted supply of clean, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like receiving an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get every benefit from each maintenance visit, you should think about signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Your membership takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other advantages. An HVAC maintenance contract is not required to ask for tune-ups with Golden Seal Service Experts, but we highly encourage signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so it's not hard to forget about setting up furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unfamiliar with why HVAC maintenance is so important, consider these benefits:
- Reveal smaller problems early on: Issues with your HVAC equipment usually develop gradually. When a technician examines the internal components each year, it’s possible to locate and fix small problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of equipment failures: By securing that loose fan belt and stabilizing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the chance of a mid-season breakdown decreases.
- Smaller repair costs: Scheduled HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable cost that minimizes the need for numerous major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that yearly maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, bringing down your heating and cooling bills at the same time.
- Encourage home comfort: When your HVAC system performs the way it should, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more manageable humidity throughout the house.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer than a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety assessment during each visit delivers peace of mind that your home comfort system is running as intended.
- Maintain your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance to such a degree that they necessitate once-a-year tune-ups to keep your warranty valid. Investing a little in upkeep now shields you from costly repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can often count on same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning on replacing your HVAC system? An HVAC maintenance plan gives you access to the fastest installs feasible, even during the busiest weeks.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance decreases the need for repair work, but if your system needs some attention, having a Maintenance+ Plan provides a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Heating and cooling repairs are in some cases unavoidable, but they can get costly fast. Thankfully, with an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you unhappy, the technician will return to set things right.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Golden Seal Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan provides and contact our staff to help you choose the ideal plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before signing up. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to ask for a tune-up, please contact your local Golden Seal Service Experts office today.