Prevention is the most important place to begin. Completing correct safety precautions will decrease your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Saint Charles.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Warm up your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours on in the confined space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These items are safe when used correctly but can create carbon monoxide when used for a long period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a professional. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected appropriately.
- Confirm gas appliances are working accurately, particularly your heater. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by requesting annual furnace maintenance with Golden Seal Service Experts.