Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by insufficient fuel combustion often caused by a lack of oxygen. In your residence, appliances that need natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not operating accurately or have been installed wrong.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from attached garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces could also produce carbon monoxide. CO is dangerous to the body and is deadly at high levels or with prolonged exposure.