Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Saint Charles
You might not think about your sump pump until you need it. Then you count on it draining correctly so your Saint Charles basement doesn’t take on water.
Sump pumps can cease running for several various reasons.
We’ve handled it all. If your pump isn’t running correctly, get in touch with the Experts at Golden Seal Service Experts to investigate the problem.
We’ll inspect your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance suggestions, so it won’t stop when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease working for a few different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Irregular maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Frozen or clogged discharge lines
- Age (average life span is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few easy things you can do to verify your sump pump is set up for efficiency.
- Make sure the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in anticipation of power surges.
- Verify the pump is upright and not tipping to one side, since this can lead the pump to not run when needed.
- If the pump hasn’t been on recently, drop a bucket of water into the pit to check the pump runs and removes the water efficiently.
- During drought-like weather, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Confirm the discharge pipe’s vent hole is free of obstructions.
Trust Golden Seal Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a type of safeguard to defend your home from water damage, trust the professionals at Golden Seal Service Experts to ensure yours is effective.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 630-246-2698 or request an appointment online.