When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is normally near the top of many people’s wish lists in Saint Charles. A tankless water heater is a good route for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for use, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which may save you a lot on energy costs. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use at a later time, you won’t be paying for standby energy losses like you might with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continual supply of hot water. They are small in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to operate.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water comes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element heats it. Then it goes to the tap, where you end up with hot water. One note about tankless water heaters—especially for bigger homes—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be great enough to take on numerous uses at once. One of our specialists will help you decide what your flow rate is and provide recommendations based on their knowledge.
Some people prefer to install a separate tankless water heater that’s chosen for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, many houses in the Saint Charles area do very well with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the bonuses of getting one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifespan of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifetime of a normal tank heater.
- Most tankless units carry a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters hardly ever run out of hot water.
- You get better energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient without standby heat loss and only use the power they need to heat the amount of water needed at any period.
- Tankless models require much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be hung on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be installed under cabinets or in a closet, closer to the point of use.
With tankless water heaters, you eliminate the chance of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Golden Seal Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater put in your Saint Charles home. It’s a great energy-efficient choice for your home. We offer quality tankless hot water heater choices, expertise and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 630-246-2698
or request an appointment with us online.